[OM] : Re: E-300 weird behaviour with Tamron 90/2.5 Type II - follow-up

Subject: [OM] : Re: E-300 weird behaviour with Tamron 90/2.5 Type II - follow-up
From: "Brian Swale" <bj@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 24 Mar 2006 15:51:40 +1200
Wayne wrote

http://lrh.structuregraphs.com/test/tamron_90_re_reflect.htm

> Obviously the rear element of the Tamron (which is concave facing the
> sensor) reflects a nice spot of light from the sensor back to the sensor.
> As the Tamron is focussed closer (rear element further from the sensor) the
> spot
> is less well defined.
Well, that is a very interesting piece of information.  And by the way, did you

notice the colour separation at 10 and 4 oclock around the spot?

Some of you might remember I bought a Tokina ATX 24-40 f/2.8 from KEH a
couple of years ago, with the much appreciated help of Mr NSURIT to get
around the KEH practice of sending everything out by courier (VERY
expensive over seas).

This lens is heavy but sharp, which I why I bought it.

AND, in situations where I least expected it, where I had taken special
measures to avoid flare, the images had a *large* (10 - 15% +  of image
width) bright blue round spot with no hint of aperture blades, in the middle of
the shot.

The different distance of the view-finder from that of the film must somehow
explain why it did not show in the view-finder.

I wonder how to avoid it?

Brian