[OM] Re: north/south carolina

Subject: [OM] Re: north/south carolina
From: "Komtanoo Pinpimai" <romerun@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 23 Mar 2006 20:15:28 -0600
I actually hate speed travelling but it usually happens like this,
getting there, taking photos, don't know what to do then, get back to
the road.

And this time, I brought my girl in, I told her we're going quite far.
After she knew my itinerary when we reached hatteras, she lectured me
for an hour, since she loving spending time in a good place rather
than driving around like a delivery truck. Also, she gave a request
for the next trip, it must be farm/ranch visiting + homestay with
local people. I have not an idea even that the state has this kind of
activities..

I would love to try Charleston and also revisit the Asheville in some
upcoming trips, looks like the area has tons of interesting places.

Last fall, I went to Smokey with 2 old friends, I was exciting with
the mount less than things surrounding it, especially, the nantahala
river(http://www.noc.com/) and the dragon trail(US 129) in the south
of the mount.

-kem

On 3/23/06, Walt Wayman <hiwayman@xxxxxxx> wrote:
> Kem,
>
> Happy to learn you enjoyed your trip.  I'm exhausted just reading about it.
> Talk about some speed tourism!
>
> My wife and I have scheduled a trip for the third week in May which goes into
> the "Smokey" at a much more leisurely pace.  All distances are approximate
> and rounded off to the nearest 10 miles.
>
> Atlanta to Gatlinburg, 220 mi.  (I know short cuts and how to avoid Pidgeon
> Forge.)
> In Gatlinburg for 3 days, with side trips and running around of maybe 200 mi.
> Gatlinburg to Asheville, over the mountains and up the Blue Ridge Parkway:
> 180 mi.
> In Asheville for three days, with side trips and running around of maybe 200
> mi.
> Back to Atlanta, 230 mi.
>
> This 9-day VACATION is going cover maybe a little over 1000 miles, almost
> certainly less than 1200.  Just thinking about 2400 miles in 4 1/2 days
> causes me to want to take a nap.  Come back when you have more time.  And try
> to make it to Charleston next time.  You won't regret it.
>
> Walt
>
> --
> "Anything more than 500 yards from
> the car just isn't photogenic." --
> Edward Weston

> From: "Komtanoo Pinpimai" <romerun@xxxxxxxxx>
> >
> > Hi, thanks for your kindness, we've just got back from the trip. We've
> > been to d.c, hatteras, ocracoke, asheville, the smokey, but not the
> > SC, since we were too tired of non-stop driving. We didn't see much in
> > hatteras and ocracoke because of the continuous raining in the area,
> > however, ocracoke must be a definitely beautiful island in the sunny
> > day. We rank Asheville as one of the best city to live, beautiful
> > buildings, quietness, has many attractions such as black mountain and
> > baltimore estate. I spent at least 10 of my rolls on the unique
> > McDonald in the city. Smokey in this month has white snow covered on
> > its zenith like that of a Japanese mountain, Fujiyama. The new found
> > gap is very busy because people are exciting of such the great view.
> > We would want to stay longer at each stop, but our schedules don't
> > permit, we had gone from Chicago to outter bank and back to the start,
> > over 2400+ miles in 4.5 days, feeling so tired. I'll select some good
> > pics to post on the list then.
> >
> > -kem
> >
> > On 3/20/06, Geilfuss Charles <Charles.Geilfuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > >
> > > Kem,
> > >         If you are coming to Charleston, SC you will be in my hometown. I
> > > will
> > be happy to offer any advice on the local attractions. There are too many to
> > list here in a timely fashion. E-mail me off List and I will send you a
> > phone
> > number where I can be reached.
> > >
> > > Charlie
> > > Charles.Geilfuss at HCAhealthcare.com

when you were born, a problem was solved