[OM] Re: E-300 weird behaviour with Tamron 90/2.5 Type II

Subject: [OM] Re: E-300 weird behaviour with Tamron 90/2.5 Type II
From: "Jeff Keller" <jrk_om@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 22 Mar 2006 09:36:16 -0800
Thanks for posting that Wayne,

The part that really caught my attention in section 2.3:

About the four thirds -
"Others consider it to be a simple repackaging of existing Olympus OM
lenses."

then later in same paragraph about the E-System -
"This appears to be a rather advanced digital lens system, having virtually
every desirable "designed for digital" characteristic."

Unfortunately there didn't seem to be any details for the first statement.
It's hard for me to understand how he can make both statements in the same
paragraph, particularly when he cites Olympus E-system "as restricting the
incident angle to within 6 degrees of perpendicular"

-jeff

----Original Message Follows----
From: "Wayne Harridge" <wayneharridge@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

Interesting reading regarding "digital" lenses:

http://frog.netperson.net/~wiz/digital_lens_faq.htm

...Wayne