[OM] Re: AIA Home of the Month

Subject: [OM] Re: AIA Home of the Month
From: "James N. McBride" <jnmcbr@xxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 21 Mar 2006 16:04:39 -0700
When I was young I thought I wanted to be an Architect but wandered to other
things. I still sometimes think it would have been fun to go that route.
Most people don't realize how hard it is for a young architect to get
established. That drives many away from the field. I mentioned to an
architect friend one day that it must be satisfying to drive past all those
monuments to his skill and success. He replied, "Yes it is. Then there are
those other monuments that do not reflect anything you want to be remembered
for, but your name is on them, and you know the damn things will be there
much longer than you." /jmac