[OM] Re: Noise vs shutter speed

Subject: [OM] Re: Noise vs shutter speed
From: Winsor Crosby <wincros@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 18 Mar 2006 16:24:40 -0800
I think that is confusion of a slow shutter speed and long exposure
noise. Most digital cameras have a way to reduce the hot pixel in
exposures in the one minute and longer range. Phil has an example of
the E-1 noise at 60 second with and without noise reduction. It is
not unique to the E-1.

http://www.dpreview.com/reviews/olympuse1/page16.asp

Yeah, I know Canon manages it without a dark frame.

Winsor
Long Beach, California, USA