[OM] Re: Olympus OM Odyssey - New Pictures!!!

Subject: [OM] Re: Olympus OM Odyssey - New Pictures!!!
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 15 Mar 2006 02:27:14 -0800
Jeff Keller wrote:

>Oops ...
>
>http://www.olympus-photography.com/Olympus-Odyssey/gallery.htm#Andrew_McPhee
>
>-jeff
>
>----Original Message Follows----
>From: "Jeff Keller" <jrk_om@xxxxxxxxxxx>
>
>The Australians are on a wining streak. Four more great pictures!
>
>My understanding is that the Australian camera has been shipped to Nick.
>Matt & Adam are the only two remaining participants in Australia. Before the
>camera heads to New Zealand are there any more Australian list member who
>wish to participate?

I have been really enjoying the images and realized what the site lacks,
a facility for comments on individual photographers. I have no idea how
much work that would be, only that it would be nice.

I really appreciate the effort that's gone into making this all happen,
so don't feel obligated to do more, it's just an idea.

I was starting to think how those Aussies are really making us USians
look pretty bad with their promptness in moving their camera along. Then
I went DOH!, it's summer there.

If we do this again we should consider weather when planning the route.
The camera now in the US could have started in the South and West, so it
wouldn't get "snowed in" in the NE or Midwest.

It would have been great here in February, when we had 3 weeks or so of
Spring. I mean real, lounging in the lawn chairs in the sun for the
afternoon, alternating reading with checking the old eyelids for pinhole
leaks. What Winter we had before that was pretty mild. Now we are having
second Winter, with unseasonably low temps and recurring waves of
precipitation, including quite a bit of snow on the hills, although not
here so far. I tricked it today, sneaking out in the sunshime and
replacing front brake pads before the next band of clouds came and did
the rain thing.

I wonder what second Spring will be like. :-)

Moose