[OM] Re: Scanning workflow question

Subject: [OM] Re: Scanning workflow question
From: GMcGrath@xxxxxxx
Date: Tue, 14 Mar 2006 08:25:02 EST
In a message dated 3/14/2006 7:04:54 AM Central Standard Time,
chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxx writes:

scanning  the entire set of small prints on the glass as a single image
and then  automagically cropping them out into single files.

I believe it  requires PS CS at minimum and is to be found under the
File--> Automate  menu.
*********************************
Photoshop Elements 3 has a similar function, which I've never tried. Here's
the section from their online help:

To divide a scanned image containing multiple photos

If you scanned several pictures at once on a flatbed scanner, you can
automatically divide the scanned image into its component photos. The photos
must
have a clear separation between them.

In the Editor, choose Image > Divide Scanned Photos.

Photoshop Elements automatically divides the image and places each photo in
a separate file.

Tip: For images with white around the border (images of light skies, snow,
and so on) this command works best if you place a piece of brightly colored
paper on top of the scanner.