[OM] Re: Super 4/3?

Subject: [OM] Re: Super 4/3?
From: hiwayman@xxxxxxx (Walt Wayman)
Date: Mon, 13 Mar 2006 20:00:30 +0000
Okay, not being real eager to dig holes, since I've never found a shovel that
fits my hands, I checked it out.  I'll try to be more informative later, maybe
even take a picture with the E-1 of the E-330 LCD displaying it various
markings -- that oughta be fun -- but here's a quick description.

Golden Section: the screen displays lines kinda like a squished-up tic-tac-toe
layout.  After looking at it a minute, I realized that the lines intersect at
the magic "thirds" points.  Useful for those who still adhere to that principle
and need reminding just where those points are.

Grid: A grid -- you were expecting something else? -- formed by dotted lines, 8
squares wide by 6 squares high.  Should be useful for keeping things level,
etc.  May even cause me to break out the barely used 35/2.8 Zuiko shift.

Scale: Looks like the crosshairs in a good rifle scope, complete with little
tick marks intersecting the vertical and horizonal lines like on a ruler (some
say the correct word is "rule," not "ruler," which means one who rules.  Never
mind.)  I don't know what this might be useful for, but being an all-American
gun nut, I like this one best.  :-)

Walt
--
"Anything more than 500 yards from