[OM] Re: e-1 over exposes when used with 1.4X and 50-200mm DZ

Subject: [OM] Re: e-1 over exposes when used with 1.4X and 50-200mm DZ
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 11 Mar 2006 23:05:32 -0800
NSURIT@xxxxxxx wrote:

>Any ideas why everything is totally blown out when I use my DZ 1.4X  with the
>50-200mm Digital Zuiko. Anybody else have this  problem?  Bill Barber

Assuming this ony happens with the one lens, it's unlikely to be
anything broken in the TC, or it would do something similar with other
lenses. And assuming it doesn't happen with the 50-200 directly on the
body, it can only be in the contacts between lens and TC or TC and body.

I would guess it's a contact that is just a bit dirty/oxidized/oily that
is pulled just the slightest bit differently by the extra weight of the
large lens; or of the body hanging from the lens, if the lens is tripod
mounted. First thing I'd try is cleaning all the contacts.

Moose