[OM] Off for a while

Subject: [OM] Off for a while
From: "Joel Wilcox" <jfwilcox@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 11 Mar 2006 08:57:58 -0600
Leaving for the Grand Canyon tomorrow.  Gotta get packed up today.

This will be an all digital trip, as there will be a lot of hiking
involved and I hate to have to leave too much gear in the car for
several days.

Main kit:

E-1
DZ 14-54
DZ 50-200
1.4x TC

Backup:

C8080WZ plus Wide and Tele TCs

The C8080 may do more than backup, as the wide TC gets me to the
equivalent of 21mm.

Support:

Bogen 3221 +3047 head
Velbon 347e (for longer hikes)
Slik monopod modified to serve also as a walking stick

Filters:
UV, regular and warm polarizers, split grad filters

I've got three batteries between the two cameras and about 5 GB of
card space.  I hope that will do it for three days of hiking in and
out of the canyon.  I'll be able to dump to my laptop and backup HD
when we're at least near the car.

Hope to make it back in one piece, and with all the pieces!

Best regards to all,
Joel W.