[OM] [OT] Sunpak Pentax "PT-1s"

Subject: [OM] [OT] Sunpak Pentax "PT-1s"
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 10 Mar 2006 18:12:15 -0500
I purchased some Sunpak flash items from oboy and in the box were a
couple of previously unannounced goodies.  One I can use, the other I
can't.  In fact, I can't even figure out what it was for.

I have a new looking Sunpak Pentax "PT-1s" flash module obviously
designed for off-camera operation of some unidentified Sunpak flash.
It consists of a small hot shoe module with 2 pins and a short (90mm)
cable with a 90 degree 4-pin screw-in connector.  It actually looks
better made than some Sunpak stuff.

If this were a dedicated TTL hot shoe for the 4xx-D series of flashes
I'd expect the model name to be something like "PT-1D".  However, it's
clearly not for the 4xx of 5xx series of flashes and I've never seen a
Sunpak flash with a 4 pin connector.  The fact that it only has two pins
  instead of 3 or more tells me it's probably fairly old.  Maybe the
second pin only tells "flash ready" rather than being TTL control.

Anyhow, if you know what this is and would like it (or even if you don't
know what it is) you may have it for the postage.

Chuck Norcutt