[OM] Re: 35mm f2.8 Shift

Subject: [OM] Re: 35mm f2.8 Shift
From: Tim Hughes <timhughes@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 7 Mar 2006 10:47:06 -0800 (PST)
Cc: agschnozz@xxxxxxxxx
One might guess the lens is more tele-centric than most just because it has to
sit further away
from "film" plane to allow space for shift mechanism and it has a large exit
pupil for shifting.
But shifted the rays by definition are not telecentric, so it would be
interesting to look at the
light dropp off shifted when photographing a white wall say. Nice that you can
actually do the
"densitometry" in PS to test this.

Anybody want to do the test?
Just fix the exposure for unshifted and use the same exposure for shifted.
You could also break out each color and see how much difference there is, if
any, in the pixel
vigneting from the color filters.

Tim Hughes