[OM] Re: Cullmann 1/4" Camera Plate with Stabilizer Pin

Subject: [OM] Re: Cullmann 1/4" Camera Plate with Stabilizer Pin
From: "Jeff Keller" <jrk_om@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 06 Mar 2006 20:45:21 -0800
The pin can probably be removed (unscrewed). I think the bogen QR plates I
used had a similar pin. The sliding L shaped plate on the one Moose pointed
out is similar to the architectural plates bogen sold. If I hadn't converted
to Arca Swiss style plates I would have replaced all of the bogen plates I
had with the architectural style.

-jeff

----Original Message Follows----
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

Now Chuck, that's not the one I linked to.  :-)   That one does indeed
require a specific hole in the camera base to work. I believe that is a
feature of at least some video cameras, but not still cameras.

The one I linked to has a sliding bracket. You just slide it up against
the camera body before finishing thighening down the tripod screw. Very
simple, flexible and does a nice job of precventing rotation
<http://www.bhphotovideo.com/bnh/controller/home?O=productlist&A=details&Q=&sku=113843&is=REG&addedTroughType=search>.

Moose