[OM] Re: Never Mind [was OT problem on the net?]

Subject: [OM] Re: Never Mind [was OT problem on the net?]
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 06 Mar 2006 20:20:48 -0800
Chuck Norcutt wrote:

>No Norton or other software firewall on my machine and I can't get there
>either.
>
>Chuck Norcutt
>
>ScottGee1 wrote:
>

>>Um, they why would we have problems accessing those pages too?
>>
>>ScottGee1

Well that I don't know. I couldn't get through. Then I thought of the
firewall, turned it off, and could get through to all three problem sites.

Now I had accessed all three very recently, so this made no sense. I
went into advanced options and found a detail entry for the level of
security I had selected that denies outgoing access to secure web sites.
I unselected it, turned the firewall back on and all was well again.

I just accessed a couple of them again moments ago, and they connected.

I used to understand at least a bit about all this stuff, but no more.

Moose