[OM] Re: Wouldn't you know it

Subject: [OM] Re: Wouldn't you know it
From: Mike Lees <olympus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 03 Mar 2006 23:10:45 +0000
I can vouch for this: I bought my first dolby pro-logic surround sound
amp from Richer Sounds. Paid £10 for the extended warranty including
guaranteed buy back within 2 years for 50% of purchase price. Technology
moved so fast that 2 years later it was time to upgrade. The look on the
manager's face when I gave him a five pound note and a now worthless amp
(with instructions and in its original box to qualify) and walked away
with the latest state of the art processor is something I still remember.

I think they must have got burned with this deal, because they tried to
sell me the extended warranty on the new kit but it had doubled in price
to £20 for home cinema kit.

Mike.