[OM] Re: fine grain B/W film (was: [OM][OT] Re: Leica version of LC-1)

Subject: [OM] Re: fine grain B/W film (was: [OM][OT] Re: Leica version of LC-1)
From: Andrew McPhee <macca@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 01 Mar 2006 17:28:32 +1100

Peter Leyssens wrote:
>About Technical Pan: you know it's been discontinued ?  They advise TMax
>100 as an alternative (with selected developers :-S).

Tech Pan was a wonderful film, developed in Rodinal @ 1:100 superb results
were possible.  35mm convenience with the quality of medium format.  Grain
was virtually non-existent, mid tones were beautifully creamy.

They've got to be kidding if they say TMax 100 is an alternative to Tech
Pan, that's just PR bull.

I've thrown together some samples of scans to compare the grain of Tech
Pan, Panatomic X and TMax 100, have a look at this:
http://dev-stop-fix.com/comparison.php

Andrew McPhee