[OM] Re: OM-2S Jam

Subject: [OM] Re: OM-2S Jam
From: John Hermanson <omtech1@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 28 Feb 2006 17:20:43 -0500
An extra bit on fixing the 2S jam.  When you remove the plate with the 2
gears mounted to it, you should watch for this. As you take out the
middle of 3 screws, please note if it's post is unscrewing as you turn
the screw. It may not, but sometimes screws are 'crazy glued'.  This
second screw post holds down a plate which covers the end of the shutter
shafts and keeps them in alignment with the gears in the shutter block
inside.  If post comes out with screw, CAREFULLY remove gear plate, grip
post with pliers and remove screw, then immediately reinstall post into
body, minding alignment of now loose cover plate.

The shutter curtains are always under spring tension. When the ends of
the shutter shafts are exposed and the curtain shafts shift position
(maybe from something as simple as putting camera down), they can
disengage from the gears inside, and UNWIND.

Note that post under the screw on the right hand end may come out too,
but this one will not cause such potential problems. Reinsert this post
the same way.
___________________________________
John Hermanson
Camtech Photo Services, Inc.
21 South Lane, Huntington NY 11743
631-424-2121 | Olympus OM Service since 1977
http://www.zuiko.com  |  omtech1 AT verizon.net

Chuck Norcutt wrote:
> I have most every word uttered by John and Clint on the subjects of
> problem diagnosis and repair categorized by equipment type and stashed
> away.  At least the last 6 or 7 years worth.  Well, for bodies at least.
>   I don't always follow the discussions on some types of equipment such
> as motor drives which I do not own.
>
> Chuck Norcutt
>
> Moose wrote:
>

>>Chuck Norcutt wrote:
>>

>>>I have sent Robert a series of old mails having to do with OM-2s jams
>>
>>>from greasy latches and others.
>>

>>Good fellow!
>>
>>Moose

> List usage info:     http://www.zuikoholic.com