[OM] Re: New Sigma lenses for 4/3

Subject: [OM] Re: New Sigma lenses for 4/3
From: "Wayne Harridge" <wayneharridge@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 26 Feb 2006 14:28:00 +1100
> So in this case, the 18 & 21 were more like 19 & 20 mm
> lenses, and only
> 4° apart in AOV. Nothing much should be read into theses
> numbers except
> that there is sample variation. Another selection of lenses would
> undoubedly have different actual fls.

I have just purchased an MC 24/2.8 to compare with my old SC 24/2.8, I
tested both under identical conditions (lighting, exposure, film, same
camera body on tripod not moved between shots) and I noticed that one had
slightly more coverage than the other - don't remember which was which and I
don't really care.  By the way, I was interested in comparing how the 2
lenses behaved in situations which induce flare, the MC was significantly
better as would be expected but it was good to have that confirmed.

...Wayne