[OM] Olympus counter mat wallpaper

Subject: [OM] Olympus counter mat wallpaper
From: hiwayman@xxxxxxx (Walt Wayman)
Date: Sat, 25 Feb 2006 20:29:45 +0000
After too long a time -- being retired doesn't mean not having other more fun
stuff to do -- I have sent the Olympus counter mat wallpaper shots off to the
"subscribers" who asked for it.  This is a copy of the accompanying email:

>Here are the Olympus counter mat wallpaper files.  Better late than never.
>I've
>had to fiddle with them more than expected in an attempt not to lose too much
>detail by downsizing and JPGing them.  The mats are a little more than 11x17
>inches, so these are large files, 300-400+ KB, 1600 pixels wide, 90 on a scale
>of 100 JPG compression.  That's as far as I felt comfortable going with
>reducing and
>compressing, because more and more detail was beginning to disappear.  The
>really fine print, though, is legible only in the original RAW/TIFF files.
>Anyway,
>they're yours now, so you can compress and reduce them as much as suits your
>purposes.  Hope you enjoy them."

For those who didn't subscribe, I have put them up on "The website of somebody
too lazy to make a real one," and you are free to view and, should you choose,
copy them without the necessity of subscribing, which was free anyway and
included the benefit of having them emailed directly to you as JPG files.
Somehow, from this source, even though they are JPEGs, they "copy" as BMPs.  I
don't know why that is.  I'm sure some of you could tell me, in great detail,
why that is.  However, unless you feel some great and irresistable compulsion
to do so, please don't bother, because I (a) don't really give a rat's
ass/arse, and (b) won't remember it this time next week.

Oh, and check out the dude in the Motor Drive Group skiing with an OM-something
or other with MD and M.18V in one hand and a ski pole in the other.  Try that,
Mr. McBride!

I'm not sure these are all that appropriate for wallpaper anyway, since they
are really "busy," which makes those icons for shortcuts to XyWrite, Paradox,
PackRat, Ami Pro, et al., which you probably don't use much anymore, hard to
find.  It's kinda like one of those "Where's Waldo" things.

Anyway, here's where the counter mat copies are:

Zuiko Lens Group, Side A
http://home.att.net/~hiwayman/wsb/media/192375/site1089.jpg

Zuiko Lens Group, Side B
http://home.att.net/~hiwayman/wsb/media/192375/site1090.jpg