[OM] Re: The pile is on it's way...

Subject: [OM] Re: The pile is on it's way...
From: Garth Wood <garth@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 24 Feb 2006 06:47:11 -0700
At 05:44 AM 24/02/2006, Johan Malmstrom wrote:
>I did it, I bought the lot...
>All the lenses mentioned previous (14 Zuikos and some others), some macro
>stuff, some winders, some flash stuff, a couple of 1's &  2's in different
>flavours (six bodies in total). The price? Well less than what I would have
>to pay for one DZ 7-14/4.
>
>I get back to you when it arrives, or maybe I won't be that quick back...

Johan:

Wow, that's actually amazing.  I'm not sure what kind of price you'd
be facing for the DZ you mentioned, but we North Americans can get
one from B&H Photo in New York [always my "benchmark" price when I
look at stuff in local camera shops] for $1,649.95 USD (about
$1,897.16 CDN at yesterday's spot rate, or 1384.22 Euros).

To see all those get purchased by you for a price like that just
reinforces in my mind that there's no point in ever selling my kit,
even if I'll never use it again -- it's probably worth more to me as
a collector's set of fond memories than I could ever get in terms of cash.

Just think about how sky-high the prices for our stuff were a few
years ago.  I wonder if OlympusUSA on ePay is starting to get nervous...

Garth