[OM] eB*y seller bad experience

Subject: [OM] eB*y seller bad experience
From: "Piers Hemy" <piers@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 14 Feb 2006 16:49:47 -0000
Should any of you be thinking about buying on that auction site from a
seller of OM gear based in Centralia WA, zipcode 98531, I would advise you
to think very carefully, and if it is the same seller as I have in mind, I
would strongly recommend against!

I have seen the seller adevrtising OM gear for several months, at optimistic
prices.  But seller did have a particular lens case I rather wanted.
"Beautiful/clean original lens case for the Zuiko 35-75mm f3.6 lens. These
are bigger and wider than normal Zuiko cases. Also holds the Zuiko 18mm f3.5
lens with hood attached. I am pretty sure it would hold the 35 shift and
maybe the 24 shift? 8mm fisheye? CASE ONLY-NO LENS INCLUDED This is a larger
diameter case that will also fit the 8mm fisheyes I believe and 35 shift
lens etc.. Nice plush case Like New"

Opening at USD35, BIN at USD45 - I bit, paid by Paypal on 27 November.  I
emailed asking for confirmation of shipping on 18 December.  No answer, but
the package arrived the next week, postmarked 12 December, which was
unimpressive, but not half as unimpressive as the lens case, which bears
clear impressions of the lens that had been stored in it, and a few surface
marks on the outside.  New?  Not likely. Nor will it hold a 24 Shift, nor an
8mm fisheye.  Back to the seller with a further email, still no answer, nor
to chasers via eB*y, and then I discover that the Paypal limitation period
runs from the date of the auction close - not from the date of shipping.
And if you have paid by Paypal, the eB*y dispute process forces you to go
though Paypal, even though the Paypal limitation period is shorter than
eB*y's own.

Steer clear of this seller, he/she is reckless with descriptions, slow to
ship and completely unresponsive to the problems caused thereby.

--
Piers