[OM] Re: slrgear.com

Subject: [OM] Re: slrgear.com
From: "James Royall" <jamesroyall@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 11 Feb 2006 10:20:11 +0000
Thought I'd take 10 minutes out of the Saturday morning chores to agree
with this. I bought the 14-54 to go with my E300 and have used it
exclusively. A shot I printed recently just didn't look sharp and,
thinking it was camera shake, I opened up all the others taken at the
same time. They all show the same softness. This was at 14mm. Looking at
others shot at that focal length I started wondering about the lens I
have. So I compared to the 14-45. It (the 14-54 definitely seems to be
softer than it should at the widest end, even when stopped down a
little). So I took it in for service and they seem to agree as it's
being given a full overhaul. I'm hoping to see an improvement when I get
it back, as a high proportion of my shots are at the widest end. Guess
the best option is to buy the 11-22!

James