[OM] Re: #017 - #018 - #019

Subject: [OM] Re: #017 - #018 - #019
From: "Marc Lawrence" <mlawrence@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 2 Feb 2006 10:33:29 +1100
> Graham (GeeBee) wrote:
> I shot the hell out of this location and got it down to three
> frames. I like them all for different reasons.
>
> Human interest (?)
> Olympus OM2 SP : Zuiko 35mm f2 : orange filter : Ilford Delta 400
> http://www.geebeephoto.com/2006/06017.htm
> [...]

My preference is for the "Human Interest" shot. I like the symmetry
that is humanised by the...well, "Human [and canine] interest".
It appeals compositionally (the aforementioned symmetry) while also
informing me (the fencing and the shepherd dogs), and emotionally
connecting with me ("Ahhh, look, a man and his puppy dogs". I'm
a "dog-person" :-) ). It would be perfect if you could also
clearly see those name-plates you mention that are in the third
shot:
http://www.geebeephoto.com/2006/06019.htm
but I realise I'm asking for a compositional impossiblity. ;-)

Cheers,
Marc
Sydney, Oz