[OM] E-330 comments

Subject: [OM] E-330 comments
From: "Wiliam Wagenaar" <wiliam@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 28 Jan 2006 09:26:25 +0100
Hi all,

I stayed calm for a few day after making my suggestions and E-x expectations. I
read the lots of mails and comments (on digest) you have on the 330.

My expectations were meant to raise discussing, which i believe they did ;-)

Also I was testing if Olympus still does think differently (off the beaten
track) about new designs. It has some neat features.

I don't know if the E-330 will be a real big seller, but Olympus still show
they like a different approach. I think the live preview can be real handy. The
1-second delay for B-mode shots is a bummer though. They should have tried to
avoid that (maybe they have tried but did not succeed). I think the E-330 does
desereva place on the market. Olympus show dedication to the 4/3 standard. The
E-330 won't be the next body I buy though.

I think that in one way though Olympus think old-style. While it was completely
OK in the 70's to designg, build, market and sell a new camera and then change
nothing for some years, this is not accepted these days. everybody / "the
maket" is constantly looking for the latest model and ignores anything older
that a few months however good it may be. Good or bad, that's just they way the
western world works nowadays.

I still feel good about the E-1 I bought a little over a year ago. It had been
on the market for more than a year at that time allready. I decided for the E-1
after also considering Canon D-300 and D10 and Nikon D70. Stll feels good that
I can still buy an E-1 from the shelf (on the fewer stores that actually sell
it, I must admit) but can not find any of the other bodies I considered as all
are succeeded by newer models.

I am still curious about the next E-x camera though.

Wiliam Wagenaar