[OM] Re: What's in it for Oly...

Subject: [OM] Re: What's in it for Oly...
From: Andrew Fildes <afildes@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 28 Jan 2006 10:19:45 +1100
Matsushita (Panasonic) have been developing a new MOS technology that
reduces the number of transistors per pixel from 16 to six allowing
greater density - but this doesn't seem consistent with a 7.5 mp chip
in the E-330. More directed towards a better chip for point and shoots.
http://panasonic.co.jp/corp/news/official.data/data.dir/en050208-6/
en050208-6.html
And good CMOS technology is already available so why go off on what
seems to be a cruder, older, N-MOS technology for, as you seem to
suggest, a transitional stage?
AndrewF