[OM] Re: I've got an E-1 among others

Subject: [OM] Re: I've got an E-1 among others
From: AG Schnozz <agschnozz@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 24 Jan 2006 06:38:49 -0800 (PST)
WW wrote:
>   Now, you can squeeze a little more resolution with that
> prime ED lens, but thats about it...In all other parameters
> you mentioned, the Minolta is either close or exceeds the
> EVOLT.  Within the 22-200 range there is absolutely no
> competition.

Megapixel for megapixel, my A1 outresolves the E-1.  However, do
you actually see that in print?  Other characteristics kick in
that make one image better than the other.  By the time you
whack the noise down to match the Olympus the resolution gain is
negated. If anybody glances at my auctions you'll see the A1 in
heavy use. For product work, I'll take it over a DSLR any day of
the week--with the live tilting EVF it's like using a
medium-format camera without the backwards image.

>   Now, with that tiny thing in your hand, you don't look very
> serious about photography, but we all have our priorities...:)

Ah! Choices again. I have the vertical grip/battery pack for
mine and it turns the camera into one serious looking rig. At
half the weight. Nobody needs to know that it doesn't weight
eight pounds.  The E-1 feels like it's been milled out of a
solid block of metal in comparison.

AG

http://mail.yahoo.com