[OM] Re: DSLR with EFV?

Subject: [OM] Re: DSLR with EFV?
From: AG Schnozz <agschnozz@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 23 Jan 2006 13:42:00 -0800 (PST)
> If there would be a way to let the sensor gather enough light
> and to reflact
> light into the usual pentaprism it would even be feasible to
> have both an
> optical and an electrinic viewfinder combined in one SLR.

I think your solution, albiet elegent, is a bit complex. What
if, the 4/3 CCD had the same "video" capability of a 2/3" sensor
(hello, Sony?) and just required the mirror to be placed in the
up positon for this purpose. If the camera is equipped with a
penteprism, you could actually place an EVF in the penteprism
hump attached to the unsilvered prism. With the EVF off and the
mirror down, you would see the optical image as transmitted
through the focus screen. With the mirror up, the focus screen
is dark and the EVF would turn on and be visible in the
viewfinder.

A side benefit of this, is the ability to overlay the EVF with
the optical image. Can you say "live histogram"?  Can you say
"in viewfinder chimping"?

AG

http://mail.yahoo.com