[OM] Re: [E] 35 mm macro / 50 macro

Subject: [OM] Re: [E] 35 mm macro / 50 macro
From: iwert <zuiko@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 23 Jan 2006 21:56:29 +0100
Today I received a second hand 50mm f2 Dzuiko.
  (actually looks and acts like new). I have used the OM 50mm f2 a LOT
on the E-1 and it is a terrific lens,
but wide open this one beats the analog 50 f2 (not unexpected). Bokeh
is buttery smooth.

I really like the 100 mm focal length equivalent, the 100f2 of OM times
being one of my favourites.

I would like a fast prime in the 12 - 25mm range for the E-system. I
considered the 35mm new, but got this 50mm used for the price of the
35mm new.

It is built very well, all metal, wheather sealed, and even more
compact than the 50mm F2 for OM (when the adapter is fitted, and
without hood). I was affraid of the manual focus, but on this lens it
is very useable.

The f2 is really nice, especially in our dark climate.

When a lot outside, in rough conditions, I'ld try the 50 f2, however, I
didn't see the 35mm in real life yet, and I suppose it'll be a good
performer as well.

Just my thoughts,

Iwert.

Op 22-jan-06 om 21:58 heeft Johan Malmström het volgende geschreven: