[OM] Re: Photos of Yeungling Brewery Tour

Subject: [OM] Re: Photos of Yeungling Brewery Tour
From: Akavar Dylutra <akavar@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 23 Jan 2006 03:37:45 -0800 (PST)
Moose -

Thanks for the input!  I am still working to learn some of those finer points
in CS2.  FWIW this was just a quick & dirty download & edit of a Saturday
afternoon walkabout.  Your comments remind me that if you take the time you can
pull a lot more quality out of most any reasonably good photograph.

Akavar

You have some really great images there. However, they aren't always
shown at their best as posted. I don't know much about the E-300 or how
you had it set, but most images have a sort of washed out look. And come
are just plain tilted. I know others on the list have posted about
difficulties they have in keeping the E-1 level, so maybe the E-300
poses a similar problem.

I hope you don't mind. I've played with some of the images to give an
idea what's in them. Many of the images are so strong that bringing out
more of what's in them was actually quite fun
<http://www.moosemystic.net/Gallery/Others/Akavar/>.

Some also have considerable distortion from not being shot straight on.
That's often unavoidable, but can be corrected in post processing. I
partially corrected some, and made a second, strongly corrected version
of one, just to see what it would look like. Of course, better, more
subtle versions could be done working with the full size originals.

Moose