[OM] Re: Manufacturers tests published, of their own lenses

Subject: [OM] Re: Manufacturers tests published, of their own lenses
From: Johnny Johnson <jjohnso4@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 21 Jan 2006 14:56:03 -0500
At 11:50 AM 1/21/2006, Winsor Crosby wrote:

>For your individual lens? That would be very cool.
>
>Winsor
>Long Beach, California, USA
>
>On Jan 21, 2006, at 8:23 AM, ScottGee1 wrote:
>

> > Correct me if I'm wrong on this but Contax used to provide an MTF
> > printout in the box for the lens you purchased.

I'm looking at the paperwork that was packaged with a Carl Zeiss
Contax mount 50mm/1.4.  There's a warranty card, a certificate of
quality (in German), and a 12" x 16" pamphlet.  The pamphlet, in four
languages, lists the optical and mechanical specs for the lens and it
also includes MTF, Relative Luminance and Distortion charts.  None of
the charts, of course, are based on the results of tests performed on
the individual lens that was in the box.

Later,
Johnny

Johnny Johnson
Cleveland, GA