[OM] Re: Q: E-system Rebates

Subject: [OM] Re: Q: E-system Rebates
From: "Daniel Sepke" <dan@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 17 Jan 2006 14:48:06 -0500
Hi Joel,

It seems to me to they coincide with an absence of new stuff coming out and
the resultant lag in sales perhaps. I view rebates as a kind of like a
sweetener/stimulus to go out and buy that next toy you had previously
thought about. I got my E-1/14-54 with a rebate on it but missed the next
window with my 11-22 and FL50 purchases. While I was peeved for a moment I
got over it and I am still glad I bought them. Trying to predict the next
period of rebates could be tricky though. I would speculate that with the
forthcoming E-X it *may* be accompanied by a rebate period (if I recall
correctly the E-1 did when it first came out). And if there isn't one
immediately there would be one a few months after the E-X comes out to
pickup stragglers like me into upgrading and buying a few more pieces for
the collection.

This is of course just speculation on my part and YMMV :)

Dan S.