[OM] Re: Calling for opinions on the 7-14 Zoom

Subject: [OM] Re: Calling for opinions on the 7-14 Zoom
From: "Wiliam Wagenaar" <wiliam@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 16 Jan 2006 20:45:51 +0100
Hello Gord,

I had the dillema abou one month ago: Should I buy the 7-14 or the 11-22 and
leave money to get other goodies? After seeking advice on this list too I
went for the 7-14. I haven't taken many photo's with it yet (mostly due to
dull weather at day's when I was free), but I allready like it. If your
friend likes wide-angle he will love the 7-14! I can second Jeff's opinion
on this lens even with the visible barrel distortion at the wide end. I
haven't tested it extensively but I am quite sure that the distortion will
be considerably less at 8mm and absent at 9mm. Even if some distortion
remais it is quite easy to remove digitally. The resolution of the lens is
also quite something AFAIK.

Just my 0.02

Wiliam Wagenaar

----