[OM] Re: Your opinions on pricing for OM3 Ti

Subject: [OM] Re: Your opinions on pricing for OM3 Ti
From: swisspace <swisspace@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 12 Jan 2006 16:12:51 +0100
Quote from photo.net discussion  as I can't be bothered rewording it

http://www.photo.net/bboard/q-and-a-fetch-msg?msg_id=000YrR

"Although I have never used it myself, one distinct advantage of the
OM-3Ti over the 4Ti is the ability to control TTL flash. With the 4Ti
you have to accept no more or no less than 1/60th shutter speed for auto
TTL flash control. Compensating flash output via the camera obviously
also affects the background, but if you place the camera in manual mode
to burn in the background at a slower shutter speed you are limited to
the flash firing at full power - which complicates aperture
selection/subject distance calculations.

The 3Ti offers TTL flash control at all shutter speeds, and the camera's
ISO/compensation dial thus controls flash output TTL-OTF. If only the
4Ti had the same option."

though I though it was something to do with the fact that the 3Ti is
fully Manual and that the 4 defaults to 1/60 in manual mode - I am sure
someone  will put us all right but in answer to your question Walt yes
you do need one and not just for the looks.

IanW