[OM] Re: Maxell Li-Ion batteries

Subject: [OM] Re: Maxell Li-Ion batteries
From: "Wayne Culberson" <waynecul@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 5 Jan 2006 17:36:14 -0400

> Thanks, Mark.  Your original warning to me some weeks ago has turned me
> into something of an evangelist on lithium ion battery safety.
>
> Chuck Norcutt

Okay Chuck,
If you keep it up,  you are going to get me worried  :-)
Before Christmas I ordered a couple of Made in China batteries off eplay for
the Stylus 410. The original Olympus ones seemed a bit pricy at $80 a piece,
compared to the 2 for $10 knock-offs. So are these also going to explode or
burn the house down? Should they go out in next Tuesday's garbage?
Wayne