[OM] Re: So show me now to fix this, oh wise ones

Subject: [OM] Re: So show me now to fix this, oh wise ones
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 04 Jan 2006 22:30:24 -0800
Walt Wayman wrote:

>I scanned the slide using ICE, but there's still lots of crud and corruption,
>some sort of fungus, I guess, plus the fact it was overexposed to begin with,
>and now apparently has also faded some.  Let's see what y'all can make outta
>this'un!  I'm hoping to get it fixed up and send her a copy.  She's the mother
>of my two super, beautiful, extraordinary daughters, and we've been on
>friendly terms ever since she forgave me for running off with the nextdoor
>neighbor, who became Number 3.  But that's a whole 'nother story.
>
>http://home.att.net/~hiwayman/wsb/media/192375/site1073.jpg

As usual, I'll bite. Since there wasn't any background to begin with,
just blown highlights with fungus, I didn't bother trying to clean it
up. I just dropped in a sky/clouds background and some grass where it
was greenish. If you like what I've done, I'd be happy to drop in
whatever you like in both places.

Her separation from the background isn't great, but I don't see any
point is doing any more on such a  low rez image. At full rez, it could
be done very nicely.

I cleaned up her face quite a bit, but left a little texture, some of
which is probably fungus. Whether to smooth it out more is really a
matter of taste. I also left the skin tone rather low key. I don't know
what her skin looked like and the color seemed to match her mood
<http://www.moosemystic.net/Gallery/Others/Wife2.htm>.

Moose