[OM] Tripod?

Subject: [OM] Tripod?
From: Nils Frohberg <nilsf@xxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 29 Dec 2005 21:09:39 +0100
Hi,

OK, so I was out shooting again, and I'm really fed up with my tripod.
(It's a Cullman <something>, with a ballhead that can't be fastened
very tightly. The camera always slips.) So I thought about passing
this tripod on to someone with a digital P&S camera, after I found a
new head for it.

I want a light, sturdy one so that I can take it with me while hiking.
It would mainly be used for night shots and macro.

I looked through the archives and found _tons_ of different tripod
suggestions. I also found a Manfrotto MA190 for 79EUR at a store in
Germany (www.foto-brenner.de). Would this be a good choice/price?
I don't want to spend a fortune on one since I also am looking for
a head for the Cullman tripod (suggestions?) and a backpack (currently
favoring the Lowepro Orion Trekker 2, so that I can carry the foto
equipment plus other stuff at the same time.)

Thanks,

Nils