[OM] Okay, all you enablers ... :-)

Subject: [OM] Okay, all you enablers ... :-)
From: Steve Dropkin <steve@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 27 Dec 2005 21:59:45 -0600
Well, I finally did it. Or maybe I should say _you all_ finally did it. :-)

Tonight, I pulled the trigger on an E-1 kit with the 14-45mm and
40-150mm lenses. Cameta was offering it on That Auction Site for US$779
and I just don't think it's going to get much better than that. I figure
the two lenses will give me decent coverage (28-300mm equivalent covers
pretty much anything I have in "analog" Zuikos). And your collective
positive reports on the E-1 persuaded me that, even as an "older"
camera, it was a better bet for me than an Evolt. A special nod goes to
Ken Norton, whose "System approach to digital system purchases" about a
month ago tipped the scales toward this particular Oly.

So now to wait for delivery ... and to dig up an appropriate flash (I've
been reading those posts now) and maybe a Zuiko "analog-to-E-thingy"
adapter. I will admit to not having paid very close attention (since I
really thought going digital was a way off yet for me), but I don't
think Olympus is giving away the adapters any more, are they?

So a new chapter begins for me. Some of my Oly gear will be offered to
the list, but I'm keeping the OM-1 that got me into all this.

A tip of my hat to the collective wisdom and experience of the list for
enabl^h^h^h^h^h helping me move to digital. I'm really looking forward
to it!

Steve