[OM] Need help editing these photos

Subject: [OM] Need help editing these photos
From: Gary Teller <gmteller@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 24 Dec 2005 18:39:06 -0500
See the two photos of the boy with a fish at
http://home.mindspring.com/~gmteller/personalphotos/id2.html

I have been trying without success to remove all or most of the shadow on
the boy's face using what tools are available in Photoshop
Elements.  Either the shadow is too much for the available tools or I'm not
very adept at using them.  I'd vote for the latter.  I've tried fill flash,
levels and the dodge tool (or was it burn?).  Any suggestions would be
appreciated.  If anyone wants to make a copy and take a stab at improving
it be my guest.

I should have paid more attention to the lighting.  However I was in a
hurry because the boy was actually struggling to hold the fish up.  His
smile only came when I prompted him just before pressing the shutter.  His
dad asked for a copy so I'd like to send something a little better.  I'm
partial to the one on the left marked "A".

Both were taken with an OM-2N with Zuiko 50/3.5 in Tulsa, OK on the
Arkansas River.  It was the day before Thanksgiving, the temperature was in
the mid 70's and I couldn't abide staying indoors.

Thanks in advance,

Gary who wishes everyone a Merry Christmas, Happy Chanukah, Happy Kwanza,
Seasons Greetings, Happy Solstice or whatever else you believe or don't
believe in.