[OM] Re: Printing e-1 images on Epson 4000

Subject: [OM] Re: Printing e-1 images on Epson 4000
From: Matthew Born <mborn@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 22 Dec 2005 09:04:29 -0500
I'll bow to Tom's info on this one as I've never personally seen B&W
(or color, for that matter) from a 4000. I can only say that on a
2200, using all sorts of Epson papers and ONLY OEM inks, as well as
Epson's postscript RIP, the B&W was awful. Only Epson Enhanced Matte
was acceptable to my eye, as it cured the truly hideous bronzing
problem and somewhat mitigated the metamerism. The driver for the
4000 may well have been much improved over the 2200 in that regard.
Of course, if you're mainly after color printing, it's all moot
point. I don't think anyone has ever questioned any of the recent
vintage Epsons in that regard.

Matthew