[OM] Re: I DID IT! ( was Advise sought for the dark side)

Subject: [OM] Re: I DID IT! ( was Advise sought for the dark side)
From: hiwayman@xxxxxxx (Walt Wayman)
Date: Wed, 21 Dec 2005 23:58:02 +0000
Congratulations, William.  I'm sure you'll like it.

As for the rebate, my form -- I just filled one out for the $50 rebate on the
FL-50 -- says "Maximum number of rebates per model is 3 per household," not 3
rebates per person (unless the person is a model, maybe).  This will be my 5th.
 Does your form say something different?

That's the good news.  The bad news is, "Rebate valid only for residents of the
U.S. and Canada for purchases made in the U.S. and Canada."  Since you must
provide a copy of your sales receipt, which will show your address, that's
going to be a problem.  Of course, forgery is an option.

I'll be glad to send in the stuff for you, in your name, using my address, and
then just send the check on to you.  My only investment would be a few cents'
worth of postage, a small recompence for someone I aided and abetted in
spending that much for a lens, since I'm sure you wouldn't have done so without
my influence.  ;-)

Walt

--
"Anything more than 500 yards from
the car just isn't photogenic." --

From: "Wiliam Wagenaar" <wiliam@xxxxxxxxxx>

> Hello again zuiks,
>
> Thanks to the advise from
> AG Schnozz
> Scott Gee
> Bill Pearce
> Walt Wayman
> Dan Mitchell
> and some off-list people
> I was able to decide what to get. Yesterday I ordered the 7-14mm from Paulvt
> (yes he's still around. I also bought a 50-200 from him last summer). I may
> expect it to be delivered early Januari. I keep my fingers crossed. Thanks
> to all who responded to my cry-out and others who bought my OM stuff.

--snip--