[OM] I DID IT! ( was Advise sought for the dark side)

Subject: [OM] I DID IT! ( was Advise sought for the dark side)
From: "Wiliam Wagenaar" <wiliam@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 21 Dec 2005 21:57:25 +0100
Hello again zuiks,

Thanks to the advise from
AG Schnozz
Scott Gee
Bill Pearce
Walt Wayman
Dan Mitchell
and some off-list people
I was able to decide what to get. Yesterday I ordered the 7-14mm from Paulvt
(yes he's still around. I also bought a 50-200 from him last summer). I may
expect it to be delivered early Januari. I keep my fingers crossed. Thanks
to all who responded to my cry-out and others who bought my OM stuff.

Why did I go for the 7-14 instead of the 11-22? Wider FOV in the first
place. I know I will not use very often on the very wide side, but when I
want it I can go wide. On the OM's when the 24mm was not wide enough I
reached for the 21mm which was the wides I had. Only seldom it was wide
enough at those times. I read about the Dzuiko 14-45mm that some people do
not like the lens on the wide side, but I only have good experiences with
this lens and thus don't need the overlap in FOV. I will have to change
lenses more often though.

Second I still think that if I had not bought it now while I could I
probably would never have it and keep lusting (Where and when is the next
Z.A. meeting?).

Finally I think that a special lens like this will keep its value better
than the more regular (but still impressive) 11-22mm. After all the ebay
prices for the OM Zuiko 18mm are still quite high.

I also gave John H. a call to check on availability of the 50mm macro which
I also wanted. He was soory to have to tell me the Olympus have them in
backorder and cannot say when they will be available. Since I did want to
profit from the rebate action I searched on to find a shop with the lens in
stock and finally bought it from B+H.

Speaking of rebates:
Now that I have printed a rebate form I read that rebates are only valid for
inhabitants of US and Canada. So now I would like someone to cash te rebates
for me. Of course I will cover any costs that you will make in the proces
and plan to leave, lets say, 20% of the rebate with you. Any takers? Be
carefull before you say yes! because Olympus state that only 3 rebates will
be given to any one person, household or address. So If you plan to buy
anything in the E-system in the future you would disqualify yoursel;f from
further rebates. I do not know how long Olympus store these numbers, but
maybe quite some years. Also to get the money over to me it would be handy
if you have Paypal. If interested, please contact me off-list.

Just sharing my latest adventures.

Merry Christmass to all of yoy.

Wiliam Wagenaar