[OM] Testing, testing, 1, 2, 3...

Subject: [OM] Testing, testing, 1, 2, 3...
From: hiwayman@xxxxxxx (Walt Wayman)
Date: Tue, 20 Dec 2005 15:49:09 +0000
A clear, blue sky and temps in the 50's F. got me outside yesterday to shoot
some test shots with a couple of fairly recently-acquired bits.  I am happy to
report that the ED50-200/2.8-3.5 Zuiko digital lens and the EC-14 Zuiko digital
1.4X teleconverter work together perfectly.  Shooting RAW at ISO 100 off a
sturdy tripod, which I moved between shots made with and without the converter
in order to keep image sizes constant, I am unable to detect any difference in
sharpness, resolution, color, fall-off, or any other problem of any sort
whatsoever.

The EC-14 and the 50-200, along with the 7-14 and 14-54 DZs, make a very light
and totable three-lens outfit.  Throw in the 50/2 DZ macro, the EX-25 extension
tube, the 500/8, and I've got 10 pounds of gear that gets me down to 1:1 and
gives me the 35mm equivalent of 14mm to 560mm steplessly, then a jump to 1000mm
for stuff more than 500 yards away.

I'm starting to dig this digital stuff.  Makes an already lazy fellow even more
lazier.  :-)

Walt

--
"Anything more than 500 yards from