[OM] Re: UPS update/ well maybe the subject has changed now

Subject: [OM] Re: UPS update/ well maybe the subject has changed now
From: Willie Wonka <alienspecimen@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 14 Dec 2005 13:10:51 -0800 (PST)
I am just looking for a nice summary of what the differences between shooting
with a rifle and shooting with a handgun.
  I did some competitive shooting up until I came here in 1992.  There was this
made up sport in the former Communist countries:
  Part one:
  I.  Run a mile with a 0.22 rifle in your hand.
  II.  Lay down and shoot ten 10cm diameter targets from 1000ft, if you miss,
go to step
  III.  Penalty, you run 100m penalty for each time you missed a target.

  Part two:
  Obstacle course: beam, jump over a wall (3m tall/10ft), jump/go through over
a water obstacle, crawl under barb wire, throw a grenade over a window etc, and
the cherry on the top was having to shoot ten quarter size targets from
10m/30ft distance with an air rifle.
  That went for 8 years, five days a week and after the coach made his own
shooting club, I was shooting almost everyday with an air rifle.

  As one can see, I have experience shooting in situations when not only the
hand is not exactly steady, but also most folks would be out of breath...It was
a big surprise to me when I was not able to shoot a can from ten feet with a
Colt 45...
  Boris