[OM] Advise sought for the dark side

Subject: [OM] Advise sought for the dark side
From: "Wiliam Wagenaar" <wiliam@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 14 Dec 2005 21:55:10 +0100
Hello again,

Since I have sold most of my OM-gear (and am still offering more) I am now
in the luxury position that I can buy several items for my E-1 to travel
farther into the dark side. The first I want is a wide-angle lens, but I am
in doubt now shall i buy the 7-14mm or "only" the 11-22mm. I like to shoot
landscape and architecture with a wide angle lens and the currect 14 mm for
the E-1 just is not wide enough. As a reference I can say That I have owend
and extensively used a 24mm/2.8 since 1983. I am quite fond of that lttle
lens and so I kept it with my Om-2n. I have owned a USER 21mm/3.5 since
about 2003 and have also used that to quite some extent, but I found the
difference in angle of view not enough to keep that one. I hav allways
lusted for the 18mm but never had the money to buy that one.

Obviously the 7-14 is a super attractive and impressive lens, but will I use
the wide part often enough to justify the extra cost? I could also buy some
extra macro stuff to go with the 50mm that I plan to buy too. On the other
hand if I do not buy the 7-14 now I will probably never again have the money
so readily available to buy it.

Please share your thoughts about this question with me.

Kind regards,

Wiliam Wagenaar