[OM] Re: New ZD lens annouced -- A Rant!

Subject: [OM] Re: New ZD lens annouced -- A Rant!
From: AG Schnozz <agschnozz@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 9 Dec 2005 08:10:07 -0800 (PST)
> You forgot to mention how many times the E-1 is bigger than
> the OM4...:)

Nah, if I want small I'll carry a pocket camera.  The E-1 is
big, but not huge.  My A1 is about rightsize for a digital,
though.  But there's just something about my old XA that feels
at home.  By the way, my A1 actually fits in the glove box of my
Audi.

>   As for AG's complaint about the dials being backwards, I can
> see his point, but on the other hand, they've set things up so
? that rotate to the right = make the number bigger; so right
> for shutter speed=faster less light -> the exposure readout
> moves to the left.

Ok, let's reference the OM bodies.  Look at the orientation of
the aperture ring and the shutter-speed ring.  They go in
OPPOSITE directions.  Why?  Because of "equivelent" stops.  If I
Rotate both in the same direction one click my exposure is still
the same.  Some Hassleblad lenses even have a locking mechanism
that moves both together.  This was a most brilliant design and
really came in handy.  However, I know that some people going
back and forth between other brands of SLRs suffered.

AG

http://mail.yahoo.com