[OM] Re: OM........or at least film!

Subject: [OM] Re: OM........or at least film!
From: Andrew McPhee <macca@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 08 Dec 2005 14:50:19 +1100
>Simon, re digital purchase....
>    For far less money, greater satisfaction, and some
>residual value you could buy a Bronica 645 rangefinder
>kit complete with  40mm and 65mm lenses from Robert
>White for approx £770, $1130.
>    And have the satisfaction of producing med format
>negs, the quality of which cannot be equalled by wonderbricks.
>
>Regards
>   John Duggan,
>      Wales, UK

I second this emotion.  For a while now I've had an itch that will only
feel better when it gets scratched by a bigger neg.  I've never really
considered 6x4.5 or 6x6, I figure you may as well go to 6x7 or 6x9.  Sure,
the equipment is a tad larger but those big negs take away all the pain!

I've been through the decision-making process and have settled on waiting
for a nice Fuji GW670 or GW690 rangefinder to turn up.  I could have cried
when a low-mileage example appeared on Oz oBoy just this week located a
half hours drive away, all others I've seen have been half a world
away!  But due to seasonal commitments I don't have the readies ready so
I'll be passing on this one, there'll be other fish out there.

Andrew McPhee
http://www.dev-stop-fix.com/