[OM] Wildlife Photographer of the Year (OT)

Subject: [OM] Wildlife Photographer of the Year (OT)
From: "Marc Lawrence" <mlawrence@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 2 Dec 2005 11:36:20 +1100
Last weekend I was in town and happened to pass a
flyer on a window advertising the Wildlife Photographer
of the Year exhibition at the Australian Museum. I
decided to go, having not much else to do, and was
lucky enough to find out that it only opened that day.

Anyway, spectacular wildlife photos, as you'd expect.
However, I was most struck by one photo and one
photographer. Bence Máté's 'Birds: Highly Commended'
shot 'Death squeeze' is by far my favourite wildlife
shot at the moment. I find the fact that it portrays
such an active pose in such, to me, fine artistic
composition, totally fascinating and, well, beautiful:

http://tinyurl.com/ctyxb

He's got a number of photos at the exhibition, so I
can say that I like him as a photographer, and not just
the above shot. I particularly like the fox shots, but
I've a bias towards that particular beastie (that, and
owls, of which there's a couple of beauts by other
photographers at the above website too). I found
Bence Máté's website here:

http://www.matebence.hu/

...so if anyone cares to have a look, knock yourself out.

No Olympus, though using a Canon EOS with a Nikon 300/2.8
destroyed a theory of mine that these two would annihilate
each other in a spectacular release of energy upon contact.

Cheers,
Marc
Sydney, Oz