[OM] Re: Beach Camera of Maine [was Abe's of Maine]

Subject: [OM] Re: Beach Camera of Maine [was Abe's of Maine]
From: Wayne S <om4t@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 30 Nov 2005 23:32:17 -0500
I think sites like http://www.resellerratings.com/ are starting to affect
mail order businesses a lot. So, either they clean up their act or attempt
to pad their rating. But over time, the rating should have some reality.
Pissed off people are much more likely to post their experiences.
I ordered something from Beach Camera because no one else had
it in stock. It arrived very promptly. I even ordered a camera lens
from www.newegg.com because B&H did not have it in stock. Newegg
was lower than B&H on this particular lens, but not in general.

Other than a couple of weeks in October, when B&H shuts down,
they are my preferred source. I did return a lens back to B&H once
and was given a little flack from a sales guy, but otherwise, no problem.

I think the web ratings are changing things for the better. A high rating
on www.resellerratings.com definitely has an impact on a business.

Wayne