[OM] Re: OT (surprise!) 'Dead Media Everywhere' -- fuel for Luddites

Subject: [OM] Re: OT (surprise!) 'Dead Media Everywhere' -- fuel for Luddites
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 30 Nov 2005 18:05:16 -0500
One of my many past titles at IBM was:  "Multi-media data standards
planner".  Many might find it hard to believe today but back then I
actually did a fair amount of collaboration work with Apple who
desperately wanted IBM to adopt QuickTime (I did too but the boss
didn't).  While I don't have much love for Dvorak I think he's right on
in this rant.  Standards?  What standards?  We don't need no steenkin'
standards!  In the role of my old title I say, "Give 'em hell, John!"

Chuck Norcutt