[OM] Re: Henry's of Toronto - any good?

Subject: [OM] Re: Henry's of Toronto - any good?
From: Robert Swier <robert.swier@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 30 Nov 2005 12:21:21 -0500
I only live a few blocks from the large Henry's store in downtown Toronto.
I've walked in there a number of times to look at a variety of
things--tripods, bags, cameras, etc... My experience, and the experience of
many of my serious-photographer friends here is that the salespeople are
Henry's either do not know what they are talking about, or are very
condencending, or both. As an example, early this year I was in there and I
asked to see a Nikon D100. The saleperson I spoke to simply quoted the price
"for just the body", and indicated clearly that he did not intend to spend
any time showing it to me. Apparently, he did not believe that I was a
potential buyer, which I found quite offensive. I had to insist to get him
to acually get out the camera. This might be more forgivable if I had been
there at a busy time, but in fact the store was pretty quiet.

Of couse, you don't have to deal with the salespeople when ordering by
phone. But I wanted to pass this thought anyway!

Cheers,
Robert Swier
Toronto